Any organisation is only the sum part of its members and we sincerely hope you join us at Whitstable Maritime and help Whitstable Maritime to grow. Today we are just a fledgling organisation, but tomorrow is another day – and we have lots of ideas and projects that will help put Whitstable and indeed our Kent area on the map – and as a supporter you will have a rewarding and enjoyable time in the process. Whether you are an expert sailor, a novice, dislike sailing, have a maritime skill, don’t have one, interest in the local maritime environment - be it historical, current or future - or just a nice person, we have something to offer you. We need you!
Become a Volunteer ...
- residents, visitors, school children and students enjoy exploring the town's connections with the sea; past, present and future, at a visitors centre, along the foreshore and afloat.
- create an effective not-for-profit Social Enterprise established to raise awareness of, and build on, the town's maritime traditions
- strengthen the team of volunteers by offering your experience and expertise
Volunteers are required in a wide range of fields, from marketing to carpentry, from fund-raising to under-water technology.
Become a Tutor ...
- develop a stimulating programme of activities for residents, visitors, school children and students to enjoy
- lead activities that explore the town's connections with the sea; past, present and future along six themes:
- Impact of man and nature on the coast
- Fish and shellfish from sea to plate
- Marine industries; past, present and future
- Seamanship and navigation
- Coastal Trail
- Alternative energy
All tutors will need to demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively with children and adults, as well as having a good grasp of their subject matter and meeting safeguarding criteria.
Become a Sponsor ...
- celebrate Whitstable's connections with the sea; past, present and future.
- create a Maritime Discovery Centre and Coastal Trail
- restore, maintain and sail local historic craft
- establish an annual programme, including a Maritime Arts and Artisans exhibition and a Barge and Smack race.
Programmes will apply new and alternative technologies as appropriate and offer enjoyable activities for residents, visitors, school children or students.
We are introducing a number of new sponsorship opportunities, starting from April 2019. Please register your interest via the form on this page, and we will be in touch!
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, Tutor or Sponsor and would like more information, please fill out the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.